Brush Cutters & Trimmers
Who is the course for?
Anyone employed in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance who is required to operate Brush Cutters.
To enable course members to:
- State and comply with safety and legal requirements of a brushcutter/trimmer, with the emphasis on safe practices, warning signs and guards
- State and identify the correct PPE and standards required.
- Perform routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook
- Identify faults and defects and identify which can be easily remedied by the operator and which should be referred to a specialist engineer
- Identify which cutting head to select for the relevant cutting conditions
- Carry out fuel mixing correctly and be able to perform hot and cold starts in a safe manner
- Be able to operate in a safe manner having regard for the operators own safety, the public and environmental factors
- Plan systematic working operations
- Use manufacturer’s instruction book and parts list
An Integrated training and assessment (ITA) only.
1 day refresher for experienced operators who already hold a Lantra qualification or who can verify they have had minimum of 2 years’ experience. Maximum of 6 trainees per course.
2 day course for novices.
Certification gained: Lantra Certificate of Competence, valid for 5 years.
Click here to view our current fees.