There are a wide range of mowers in use. If used correctly and maintained properly they should pose very little risk to the operator or to people around the machine. But accidents do happen, often for very simple reasons.
The aim of the course is to provide operators, both new and experienced, with an insight into safety awareness and risk assessment in order to reduce the likelihood of an accident occurring. Operator training is a legal requirement.
Who is this course for?
- Ground care maintenance
- Sports facilities
- To learn to use the mower to its full potential/capacity
- Identify the risks associated with the use of Ride-on/Pedestrian mowers
- Select appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Identify and understand the function of all instruments &controls
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the Operators Manual
- Carry out pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Adjust the cutting mechanism to achieve the required standard
- Operate the machine in a safe and competent manner
- Perform after-use maintenance
- Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on a public road
- Load and transport the machines safely (if appropriate)
Ride On Mowers
There are a series of courses covering the safe use of Ride-on Mowers for each type of machine i.e. cylinder, rotary or flail. The duration of each course will depend on the experience of the operators, the equipment used and the number of candidates.
The suggested durations are:
One day for experienced operators: Maximum number of candidates 4
Minimum number of machines 2 (one type of cutting mechanism)
Two days for novice operators: Maximum numbers of candidates 4
Minimum number of machines 4 (one type of cutting mechanism)
Two or three days for experienced or novice operators when using more than one type of cutting mechanism: Maximum numbers of candidates 4
Minimum number of machines 2 (at least one type of each cutting mechanism)
The courses covered are similar to the Ride-on Mowers as
listed previously with the same durations based on candidate
numbers, experience and machinery available.
The course has been developed for operators who need to be trained and certificated on Ride-on Mowers, Pedestrian Mowers and different cutting mechanisms.
Candidates must be prepared to undergo all the training within a one month period.
The suggested durations for this course are:
Three days for experienced operators
Four days for novice operators.
Maximum numbers of candidates 4
Minimum number of machines 4 (at least one Ride-on, one Pedestrian and one of each cutting mechanism required)
Click here to view our current test fees.