360° Excavator above 10 tonnes (tracked or wheeled)
360° Excavator under 10 tonnes (tracked or wheeled)
Who is the course for?
Anyone who uses or will be using an 360° Excavator, either below or above 10 tonnes in the Land-based or Construction industries.
The expected learning outcomes are that the trainee should be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation (PUWER/LOLER).
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the excavator for site and road travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and inclines.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas, using forward and reverse direction.
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and Set the machine to excavate.
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
- Grade, spread and level differing types of materials.
- Remove and re-attach buckets.
- Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Integrated training and assessment (ITA)
Duration: 1-9 days varying, depending on experience.
1 day refresher for experienced operators who already hold a Lantra qualification or who can verify they have had minimum of 2 years’ regular experience.
Maximum of 2-4 trainees per course depending on number of machines available.
Instructor/machine/candidate ratio: 1 instructor: 2 machines: 4 candidates or 1 instructor: 1 machine: 2 candidates.
Certification gained: Lantra Certificate of Competence, valid for 5 years.
Click here to view our current fees.