Who is the course for?
Anyone who uses or will be using a Dump Truck with an articulated chassis (below or above 15 tonnes) or a rigid chassis wheeled (up to 15 tonnes; 15-50 tonnes; over 50 tonnes) or rigid chassis tracked in the Land-based or Construction industries.
The expected learning outcomes are that the trainee should be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures. Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
- Place the dumper in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Integrated training and assessment (ITA)
Duration: 1-4 days varying, depending on experience – articulated or rigid chassis.
1 day refresher for experienced operators who already hold a Lantra qualification or who can verify they have had minimum of 2 years regular experience.
Maximum of 2-4 trainees per course depending on number of machines available.
Instructor/machine/candidate ratio: 1 instructor: 2 machines: 4 candidates or 1 instructor: 1 machine: 2 candidates.
Certification gained: Lantra Certificate of Competence, valid for 5 years.
Click here to view our current fees.