Felling Medium Trees (380 – 760mm diameter) CLMC52X/R
Who is the course for?
A 3 day practical course is for those who need to learn how to safely and accurately fell medium sized trees and then de-limb and cut the tree into a required length.
You will need to have attended the basic courses in this series, or their equivalent, and/or have CS30/31. This can also be taken as a 1 day refresher but evidence of experience is required.
- identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a work site
- organise site safety and state the procedures required
- assess the trees to be felled for hazards and risks
- fell trees, which have a diameter greater than the effective cutting length of the guide bar but not twice the guidebar length. Guidebar length not greater than 380mm/15”
- assess a leaning tree and the safest method of felling
- make accurate felling cuts in the correct position
- delimb felled trees in a safe and methodical manner
- crosscut timber accurately to required lengths
- assess and explain the terms ‘tension’ and ‘compression’ in timber
- adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guidebar
- handle and stack timber in a safe manner
- assess a hung up tree and the safest method of take down
- select and prepare equipment required for safe and effective takedown
- check on the safety of takedown tools, including hand winch
- make accurate severing cuts in the correct positions
- select and use hand tools safely
- take down hung-up tress using a hand winch to a safe and stable position
- state all unsafe practices which must not be adopted.
A non-assessed training course to prepare for CS32.
Duration: 3 days practical training or a 1 day refresher for experienced operators who already hold an NPTC qualification or who can verify they have had minimum of 2 years experience.
Maximum of 4 trainees per course. Each candidate must have a chainsaw and PPE.
Certification gained: Lantra Certificate of Attendance. Successful completion of this course will prepare trainees for assessment for NPTC “Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw & Related Ops – Fell & Process Medium Trees – CS 32
Click here to view our current fees.