Rough Terrain Masted Lift Truck
Who is the course for?
Anyone who uses or will be using a Rough Terrain Masted Lift truck in the Land-based or Construction industries.
The expected learning outcomes are that each trainee should be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e. rating plates, and applicable legislation. (PUWER/LOLER)
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the forklift for site and road travel.
- Travel the forklift over different types of terrain, including rough, undulating ground and substantial inclines, both with and without a load.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas, using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
- Set up the forklift in order to lift various loads.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Lift various loads within the full working range of the forklift.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various points.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Place the forklift in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.
Integrated training and assessment (ITA)
Duration : 1-5 days varying, depending on experience.
1 day refresher for experienced operators who already hold a Lantra qualification or who can verify they have had minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Maximum of 3 trainees per course.
Certification gained: Lantra Certificate of Competence, valid for 5 years.
Click here to view our current fees.