New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) 1991 Operative and Supervisor courses.
We offer units 1 and 2 individually in a 1-2 day course dependent on experience, or units 1 and 2 together over 2-3 days. You will receive a certificate for each unit and a Street Works card for units 3 onwards. You can train as either a street works operative or supervisor.
Outline of the Streetworks course
To be a NRSWA Operative you will thrive as part of a team as well as be able to use your own initiative. On the 5 day course you’ll cover the following units:
- 001 – Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- 002 – Signing, lighting and guarding
- 003 – Excavation in the road/highway
- 004 – Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- 005 – Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- 006 – Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- 007 – Reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials
- 009 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
As a NRSWA Supervisor you will complete the following program in 5 days:
- 001 – Location and avoidance of underground services
- 010 – Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding; co-ordination procedures and code of practice
- 011 – Monitoring excavation in the highway; specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- 012 – Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- 013 – Monitoring reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base and road-base materials
- 014 – Monitoring laying practices and reinstatement of bituminous materials; specification and types of materials
- 016 – Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete highways.
ITA – Integrated training and assessment
How much will it cost?
£750 per candidate for a 5 day course. Subject to VAT, availability and review.