Who is the course for?
Anyone employed in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance who is required to operate Stump Grinders.
To enable course members to:
- Produce a site specific Risk Assessment for stump grinding operations
- State the principles of HSE Legislation and safety guidelines for using a stump grinder
- Select the appropriate PPE and state the maintenance requirements
- Carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of a stump grinder
- Carry out routine operator maintenance
- Inspect and identify defects on grinding mechanism
- Prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks ad stop machine
- Prepare work are, a range of stumps for grinding and identify hazardous materials not be ground
- Use approved techniques for safe and efficient stump grinding of a range of stump sizes
- State the procedure for removing blockages
- Prepare machine for transport & storage
An Integrated training and assessment (ITA) only.
Duration: 1 day per machine. Maximum of 4 trainees per course.
1 day refresher for experienced operators who already hold a Lantra qualification or who can verify they have had minimum of 2 years’ experience. Maximum of 6 trainees per course.
Certification gained: Lantra Certificate of Competence, valid for 5 years.
Click here to view our current fees.